Sunday, October 11, 2009

Welcome to Women's Football

Hello readers!

My name is Holly Custis and I play women's tackle football. Yes. Football. Yes, we wear pads and helmets. Yes, we tackle. Yes, we are women. No, it's not soccer. No, it's not powder puff. I'm talking real, live, hard hitting, football.

I have played for 3 years for the Corvallis Pride of the IWFL. This year however, I have decided to join the newly formed Portland Fillies of the WFA. I like the direction the WFA is going on the business side of things and have decided that to play for a team in this league is worth the drive up the highway for me.

I will be writting in this blog throughout the season to give people a perspective of what it is like to play women's football. My ultimate goal is to get enough entries to write a book. I feel like this subject is interesting on many levels.

I want to give my readers access and perspective into this world. It's exciting, complicated, revealing, and interesting. I will talk about football, women, relationships, what it's like to be a woman athlete, what it's like to be a woman football player, and all the glory and pain of football.

Welcome to Women's Football.

No comments:

Post a Comment