Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Season Review

Looking back on this season it has probably been the most difficult season I've had emotionally. The expectations were pretty high coming off our season last year in which we come out of the box in a dead sprint. We had new talented recruits, new coaching, and excitement going into this season.

Needless to say it did not go as planned. Injuries, coaching changes...basically the whole season was like being on a ship in a storm.

That being said, I am proud that we survived it and that even during it we got to the playoffs. Long term this will make our organization stronger. We have a core group with a lot of talent. Several people with season ending injuries last year will be back.

We are battle tested and we will regroup. I believe in us.

Some Personal Highlights:
  • Being featured on Comcast Sportsnet's Adrenaline Hunter
  • Being interviewed by Comcast with awesome after-game hair
  • Rushing for over 250 yards against Spokane in a Mudbowl Game
  • A 80 yard reception against Central Cal
  • Walking into a hotel room of Bay Area Bandits and making several friends.
  • An awesome road trip detour in the Mt. Shasta area for a KFC picnic with my teammates
  • Going to 6 Flags and riding the wooden roller coaster 3 times in a row with Wheels, TDawg, and Teters
  • Kicking it in the Castro during SF Pride
  • Attempting to find teammates during craziness of SF Pride
  • Partying with teammates at bar of hotel in Spokane
  • Interception in endzone against Bay Area
  • Actually getting a couple of sacks
  • Throwing a 2pt conversion to Mac
  • T Dawg turning the wrong way on an option play but still getting it to me for a touchdown
  • The infamous KOK party in which we invented numerous Frat Rules
  • Teters randomly barking and pretending to be pregnant towards people walking by in SF to the point Klondike, Cassie, and Wheels were crying laughing
  • Racing in Klondike's Hamster Mobile AKA the Prius
  • Eating unfinished Jellybeans at the Jellybean factory
  • Klondike's Dance in Utah
  • A cute little boy who was our waterboy at Central Cal. I had a turfburn that had re-opened to the point a coach had to bandage it up on my leg and after my catch I came to the sideline to get water and he looked at me with these big eyes and down at my leg, and back up and asked are you going back in? And I smiled and said yep...It's football...you tape it up and go back in...I love moments like that...

No comments:

Post a Comment